Thursday 7 October 2021

Package from the past

Just this week Just this week I received an email from the bankrupt Ecuador post office that i have 2 packages waiting in Guayaquil or me to pick up. This is strange because i do not remember having any packages that i am waiting for. So we arranged a day trip to Guayaquil, we left and made our way to the address provided, turns out to be the old main post office. Went inside had to line up to be served, there were 5 people in front of us, normally i would say that is a small line. After waiting an hour /15 minutes and watching the painful process that the people in front of me, i am not surprised that the post office went belly up. I could see about 200 packages and between the to ladies it was like watching a slap stick comedy. It is my turn, i was asked where i bought the items, i said i do not know, i was told that will make it harder to find. I gave them the reference number, so both of them go to the opposite ends of the racks looking for my packages. They found the packages, both of the were in good condition, when i looked at the dates i found that the big package was something i ordered 5 years ago it has been in the post office since 2016, the second package has been in the post office since 2018. Well i have them now, what a way to run a post office, put it down to bad management.

No comments:

Post a Comment